Be a part of a dynamic group of exhibitors | Reinforce your international corporate identity | Assess regional challenges and opportunities at defense, homeland security and cyber security | Communicate with potential clients | Increase your visibility and explore new collaborations
Join us in the USA Pavilion at DEFEA – Defence Exhibition Athens
President, American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce
Geoffrey R. Pyatt
U.S. Ambassador to Greece
Dear Defense Industry Executive,
It is with great pleasure to invite you to participate at the USA Pavilion at DEFEA – Defence Exhibition Athens, an admittedly unique exhibition that will welcome back to Greece for the 2nd time the leaders of the defense and security.
AmChamGR and the U.S. Embassy in Athens would like to thank all the U.S. exhibitors and sponsors for their tremendous support during in the first organization of the USA Pavilion at DEFEA and assure them that the utmost will be done to enjoy an even more rewarding and unique exhibiting experience at the USA Pavilion at DEFEA 2023.
Leading American defense companies participated in 2021 and will have once again the opportunity to join the USA Pavilion at DEFEA 2023, a high-profile international defense and security exhibition guaranteeing exhibitors’ maximum exposure, highest visibility and unparalleled access to partners and customers.
The USA Pavilion will continue to be the meeting point for the defense & security industry professionals, providing a platform for networking and exchanging ideas on joint ventures and formation of partnerships, as well as to come into direct contact with key decision makers of the defense and security markets internationally.
2021 Exhibition Highlights
- 12.129 visitors from 54 countries
- 315 exhibitors from 22 countries
- 45 official delegations from 36 countries
- 14 Ministers and Deputy Ministers
- 13 Chiefs of Armed Forces
- 16 National Pavilions
- 32 U.S. Exhibitors
- 2 U.S. States at the USA Pavilion
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Athens!
Dear Defense Industry Executive,
It is our great pleasure to inform you that the American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce, with the full support of the Embassy of the United States of America, will organize the Official U.S. Pavilion at the 2nd DEFEA – Defense Exhibition Athens show to be held May 9-11, 2023, at Metropolitan Expo Centre (next to Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos” in Greece).
The inaugural DEFEA Show was a huge success despite being the first major tradeshow to take place during the pandemic, attracting 12.000+ visitors, and 315 leading defense firms from 22 countries. The Show welcomed 45 official national delegations, including the Greek Minister and Deputy Ministers of Defense, and Chiefs of Armed Forces from several nations. DEFEA 2021 undoubtedly accomplished its primary goal, being a prestigious value-added defense exhibition in the Eastern Mediterranean.
The USA Pavilion took up nearly all of one exhibit hall, featuring 31 firms showcasing their latest technologies and defense systems. State of the art products and equipment were displayed, with advanced solutions being presented in every category of the defense and security sectors.
DEFEA 2023 will be even larger in terms of exhibition space as it will cover three halls in anticipation of attracting even more visitors. The USA Pavilion will double its space and will once again be the meeting point for the defense and security industry professionals, providing a platform for direct contact, networking and exchanging ideas on joint ventures and formation of partnerships. DEFEA 2023 will facilitate connections between key decision makers of the defense and security markets and U.S. participants in the Pavilion will benefit from high visibility and unparalleled access to partners and customers.
We hope you will join our efforts to promote the best of American defense technology and expand your international presence to further develop strategic alliances.
More information can be found at www.usadefea.gr or by contacting the American – Hellenic Chamber of Commerce.
USA PAVILION Organizers & Supporters
The American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce will organize, with the full support of the Embassy of the United States of America and in association with AUSA (Association of the United States Army) Hellenic Chapter, the USA Pavilion at DEFEA, a unique exhibition organized by Rota S.A., a leading exhibition organizer, under the auspices of the Hellenic Ministry of National Defence and the General Directorate of Defence Investments & Armaments (GDDIA), with the support of the Hellenic Manufacturers of Defense & Security Material Association (SEKPY).
American – Hellenic Chamber of Commerce
The American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce was established in 1932 and is one of the largest, most active and dynamic American Chambers in Europe. Virtually all American companies that do business in Greece and Greek companies that engage in trade with the United States are members of the Chamber. The Chamber’s membership is comprised of some one-thousand companies that seek to expand business horizons, create new business partnerships, and take advantage of trade and investment opportunities in today’s global economy. The Chamber promotes economic and business relations between the United States and Greece. It is a wholly autonomous, not-for-profit organization and receives no subsidy from any government body. The American-Hellenic Chamber of Commerce is an active member of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington D.C. and the European Council of American Chambers of Commerce.
Office of Defense Cooperation (ODC), US Embassy Athens
The mission of the Office of Defense Cooperation (ODC) is to promote, develop, coordinate, and manage U.S. defense programs with the Hellenic Armed Forces. Currently, our major security assistance programs are the upgrade of 84 F-16 strike-fighter aircraft, the modernization of five P-3B maritime patrol aircraft, the purchase of seven MH-60R anti-submarine/anti-surface helicopters, and the upgrade of eleven S-70B “Aegean Hawk” helicopters. We also have a long history of providing Excess Defense Articles (EDA) to Greece; we are currently coordinating the delivery and regeneration of 1,200 Armored Security Vehicles (ASV), 70 “Kiowa Warrior” helicopters, 20 T-2 aircraft engines, and four MK-V special operations boats.
FCS, US Embassy Athens
The U.S. Commercial Service, (USCS), at the U.S. Embassy in Athens, promotes the sale of U.S. products, equipment, services, and technology to the Greek market and assists U.S. companies in identifying qualified Greek partners, agents, and distributors.
It also offers the following services to Greek businesses: initial business counseling on opportunities in the United States; promotion for local agents/distributors of U.S. products, equipment, services, and technology that they represent and advocacy on behalf of U.S. firms pursuing business in Greece.
SelectUSA is also a big element of our work, promoting foreign direct investment in the United States.
We can be reached through our official webpage at: https://www.trade.gov/greece
AUSA Hellenic Chapter
The Hellenic Chapter of AUSA is a non-profit organization established in October 2017 and is part of the European Chapter of AUSA . It includes the territories of both Greece and Cyprus. It aims to promote the cohesion and cooperation of those individuals and corporations who value the Armed Forces and Coast Guard in Greece and in Cyprus. The intent is to support the active and former service members and their institutions in solidarity with and under the framework of the Association of the United States Army (AUSA) providing an opportunity to network and build relationships with others, including NATO and other allies, who share these common interests.
Established in 2021, DEFEA will be held May 9-11, 2023, at Metropolitan Expo Centre (next to Athens Int’l Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”) in Athens, Greece and admittedly repositioned Greece on the international defense exhibitions map as an exceptional international defense exhibition.
DEFEA 2023 AT A GLANCE
A Landmark Event – A holistic Approach on Global Defense Developments
DEFEA is a high-profile international exhibition where leading international companies will present land, naval, aerospace, national and cyber security defense systems to a highly specialized audience from the Greek and international community. DEFEA will host once again International Pavilions with the participation of leading global companies from the associated sectors.
THE DEFENSE AND SECURITY WORLD UNDER ONE ROOF
A unique exhibition that brings the leaders of the defense and security industries, manufacturers and distributors, CEOs and dealers, buyers and sellers, international decision makers and professionals in the field worldwide, together with governmental and military officials. Whether you’re interested in business opportunities or in the latest technological developments, there is no better opportunity to reach these busy professionals.
TARGETED ATTENDANCE PROMOTION
ROTA’s experience in creating top notch exhibitions in Greece, guarantees highly qualified professional attendance. DEFEA 2021 attendance, targeted throughout direct mail, advertisements and relationships within industry vertical publications and alliances with top associations and organizations within the defense and security field, will bring you the most qualified audience in Greece and the wider region.
- DEFEA MARKED THE RETURN OF GREECE TO THE INTERNATIONAL MAP OF DEFENSE AND SECURITY EXHIBITIONS
- Greece is an ideal and strategic location for a defense and security exhibition providing a gateway for the EU and USA to Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
- Greece keeps excellent relations and military cooperation with Mediterranean and Middle Eastern countries, it also boasts a rising investment in defense and security.
- DEFEA is fully supported by the Hellenic Ministry of National Defense offering a unique opportunity for exhibitors to showcase the latest technology, equipment and systems across land, sea and air.
ΟPPORTUNITIES AT DEFEA 2023
- MEET EXISTING AND NEW / DISTRIBUTORS
- RAISE AWARNESS OF YOUR COMPANY AND PROMOTE NEW PRODUCTS
- DISPLAY YOUR COMPANY’S FULL CAPABILITIES
- ACCESS EMERGING MARKETS IN THE WIDER REGION OF SE EUROPE
- DIRECTLY CONTACT WITH SENIOR MILITARY AND INDUSTRIAL LEADERS FOR GREECE, SE EUROPE AND OTHER COUNTRIES THROUGH AN EFFICIENT GOVERNMENTAL & ARMED FORCES DELEGATIONS VISITING PROGRAM
- PARTICIPATE AT A VARIETY OF NETWORKING – ADDED VALUE ORIENTED EVENS
- BECOME INFORMED OF DEVELOPMENTS AND GAIN INSIGHTS INTO THE CURRENT TRENDS IN THE WIDER SE EUROPE
Prominent media representatives will cover the exhibition and provide exhibitors with valuable publicity. Close collaboration with media will ensure the fullest possible dissemination of important announcements.
At DEFEA 2021 More than 125 journalists from 11 countries covered the exhibition and the parallel events. More than 150 domestic press releases and more than 550 international press releases was circulated. More than 3.000 mentions and more than 20M reaches at social media were made.
DEFEA in numbers
FROM 36 COUNTRIES
FROM 22 COUNTRIES
FROM 54 COUNTRIES
USA PAVILION EXHIBITORS
Top Reasons to Join the USA Pavilion at DEFEA 2023
ENJOY PREMIUM NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES FACILITED BY THE AMERICAN-HELLENIC CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
- EMPHASIS IN CYBERSECURITY – Cyber Security Pavilion
- FOCUS ON INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES – Innovative Technologies Zone
- DEDICATED SECURITY SYSTEMS & SERVICES AREA – Security Systems & Services Zone
- ROBUST OPPORTUNITIES FOR COMPANIES OF ALL SIZES – Small to Medium Manufacturers Zone
- PARTICIPATE IN TARGETED B2B MEETINGS WITH HIGH LEVEL PROFESSIONALS FROM GREECE AND THE WIDER REGION
ENJOY THE VARIETY OF SPECIAL SERVICES OFFERED FOR THE USA PAVILION EXHIBITORS
- Pre-exhibition Business Breakfast Briefing
- USA Pavilion Inauguration Ceremony
- USA Pavilion Official Reception
- Uniform Customized Exhibition Stands (except bare floor participations)
- USA Pavilion Secretarial Support & Information Area
- USA Pavilion Exhibitors’ Lounge
- USA Pavilion V.I.P. and Meeting Room
- Foreign Delegations Welcoming Committee
- Potential to organize special seminars/workshops during the exhibition
- Complete reference of your company at the USA Pavilion catalogue
- Participation at targeted press briefings for maximum media exposure
DEFEA is a remarkable opportunity to gain insights and access to national and regional markets
- Gain access to the emerging markets of Southeast Europe and the Balkans.
- Learn about the latest developments and gain insights into current requirements in the region.
- Enjoy direct access to senior military and industrial leaders from Greece, Southeast Europe and other countries through an excellent governmental and armed forces delegations’ visiting program.
- Meet with existing and new distributors.
- Take part in a variety of networking and added value oriented events.
- Raise awareness of your company and promote new products.
- Showcase your company’s full capabilities to key decisionmakers from across the region.
- Signing of Protocol of Amendment to the Mutual Defense Cooperation Agreement with Greece
- Us approves $9.4 billion military sale to Greece
- Mutual Defense Cooperation Agreement Enhances U.S. Army and Greek Partnership
- Mitsotakis: Greece will continue to strengthen its defense capabilities
- Armament programs on the road to Parliament
- Procurement of 9.3m euros for the Hellenic Coast Guard
- A new rifle and main multi-purpose vehicle
- Hellenic Army: The directions and actions of the re-armament program
- Top US Companies Discuss Investing in Greece
- US Army Delivers Excess Equipment to Greek Military
- Greece OKs ‘Biggest’ Naval Modernization Plan in 20 Years
Seminars & Events
Friday, September 7, 2018
12:00 am to 11:59 pm | CITY OF THESSALONIKI
American Art Everywhere: Bringing American Masterpieces to the City of Thessaloniki
12:00 pm to 6:30 pm | THE MET HOTEL
Southeast Europe Energy Forum
8:00 pm to 11:00 pm | HYATT REGENCY THESSALONIKI
Gala Reception for USA Honored Country
Saturday, September 8, 2018
10:00 am to 12:00 pm | US PAVILLION
Official Inauguration of USA Pavilion & Tour by GR and US Officials
12:00 pm to 1:30 pm | BOARD OF DIRECTORS HALL
Senior Leadership Roundtable Discussion
2:00 pm to 4:00 pm | USA Pavilion - THE STAGE
Re-Imagine Greece: Unveiling the Impact of Digital Skills to Empower our Country Unlock its True Potential
4:00 pm to 5:00 pm | USA Pavilion - THE STAGE
Country Digital Acceleration | Digital Transformation in Action @ Greece